Business Resilience Assistance for Value-adding Enterprises – BRAVE 1 & 2
(Starting Date:March 2017 - End Date: July 2020)
The Business Resilience Assistance for Value-adding Enterprises (BRAVE) project aimed to enhance the resilience of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Yemen in vital sectors against the impacts of the ongoing conflict. Some positive results of the project include: the creation of new jobs, the sustaining of existing ones and the restoration of trust links across various value chains.
There were 4 components of BRAVE set up to deliver this objective:
- Business resilience capacity-building: business continuity plan training and preparation
- Business Recovery Support through matching grants
- Value Chain Resilience through support to lead firms and business associations with their functional processes and product upgrades
- BRAVE information technology platform to allow for proper data management and remote monitoring.
SMEs, LFs and BAs supported
- Trained Enterprises: 620
- Matching Grant Recipients: 362
- Business Associations: 10
- Lead Firms: 51
- SMEs: 301